Hurricane season is upon us here in North Florida. More often than not, our day starts out sunny–only to abruptly darken mid-day. Thunderstorms interrupt our schedules so often around here, that it becomes too frustrating to plan anything in advance. Not to knock the outdoors, but having a few indoor activities in your back pocket can be a life-saver sometimes. Below are several options in and around Jacksonville for some FREE and cheap indoor fun.
- Many museums in our area offer discounted–and in some cases–FREE admission on certain days. For detailed information, check out FREE & Cheap Museum Days in North Florida.
- On Tuesdays and Sundays, several movie theaters offer discounted movie tickets. For a list of those participating, read Discounted Movie Tickets.
- Dave & Buster’s is a great place for the family to play, or for a couple on a date. This gigantic indoor game room offers 50 percent off games, from 10:00 a.m. to midnight on Wednesdays. Dave & Buster’s is located at 7025 Salisbury Rd.
- Do you feel the need for speed? The Autobahn Indoor Speedway is just the place for you. Pick from two indoor tracks to race high-speed go-karts against your friends. The more races you do, the more you save on these tickets. In addition, ladies receive $5 off on Friday nights. The Speedway is located at 6601 Executive Park Ct N.
- The Batt Family Fun Center has several indoor activities for a rainy day–all at an affordable price. Bowling, putt putt, arcade games and laser tag are all enjoyed here. Sign up for a $10 open bowling certificate here. The Batt Family Fun Center is open seven days a week and located at 1838 Cassat Ave.
- If you are looking for an indoor location that will wear your child out–I mean fall asleep as soon as they’re in the car–check out Bounce a Roo Fun. For only $10, your child has access to over 12,000 square feet of play structure and inflatables for the whole day. For additional fees, Bounce a Roo offers laser tag and cosmic mini golf. For other daily specials, click here. Bounce a Roo Fun is located at 5285 Shad Rd., Unit 315.
Whether you are looking for a relaxing afternoon, or a way to entertain the kids, Jacksonville has several indoor options. Try one, or try them all. The alternative is staring out the living room window at the rain. And who needs that?
To share information about additional free and cheap indoor activities on the First Coast, contact us here. To receive daily updates about FREE and cheap activities, subscribe to our newsletter. Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook as well.