For those of you in Jacksonville and the surrounding areas that chose a career as an educator, I would like to thank you. Teaching is an extremely stressful job, with little help towards your finances. Most of you tend to need a deal here or there. So without further ado, I bring you an exhaustive list of deals and discounts for all the penny-pinching teachers.
Below you will find national deals, as well as those for Florida teachers. You will also find deals specifically for Duval and St. Johns County teachers sprinkled throughout. Take your time to review all you are entitled to–then share this article with your school colleagues.
- The Museum of Science and History (MOSH) offers discounted tickets for teachers. Admission is FREE when accompanying a field trip group. The MOSH is located at 1025 Museum Circle in Jacksonville.
- The Jacksonville Cummer Museum, while not offering a discount on general admission, does provide an educator discount for its annual membership. A one-year membership gives a 10% discount, and a two-year membership gives a 20% discount to teachers. Annual membership includes FREE admission to the museum for a year, as well as discounts on concerts, lectures, etc. at the museum. The Cummer is located at 829 Riverside Ave.
- SKELETONS: Animals Unveiled is the largest skeleton museum, located in Orlando. All Florida school district employees receive free admission with valid school credentials.
- At the Orlando Museum of Art, in addition to a discounted annual pass for Florida educators, teachers get free admission for docent-guided school learning trips to the museum. College professors also get free admission for college tours. The museum is at 2416 N. Mills Ave. in Orlando, near Lake Estelle.
- Armada Soccer Florida educators will receive discounted tickets to all Armada Soccer matches. Click on the link above, scroll down to the promo link and enter the code Teach2017.
- Daytona International Speedway Florida educators & staff are eligible to receive discount tickets to NASCAR & Sports Car races at the Daytona International Speedway. Please call 1-800-PIT-SHOP to purchase your discounted tickets. Please mention “Florida Department of Education” when purchasing to receive the discount. (Ticket offers expire 3 days prior to scheduled race date.)
- Jacksonville Jaguars For the 2017 Jaguars season, Florida educators will receive special ticket pricing for all Jaguars home games. To purchase tickets, please click on the link and use promo code EDU17.
- Avis Florida teachers can save up to 25 percent on any rental with Avis by entering AWD# D134109 while making a reservation.
- Budget Florida teachers can use the Budget Customer Discount (BCD) number Z408906 and save up to 25 percent off base rates.
- Hertz Florida teachers and school district employees can save up to 15 percent off of a Hertz rental car reservation when booking reservations by using the above link.
- Nimnicht Chevrolet serves Jacksonville and St. Augustine teachers. It offers special pricing for public, private K-12 and college educators. Find its terms here.
- Coggin Toyota at the Avenues offers a $500 educator appreciation discount.
- Farmers Insurance extends additional discounts to teachers, but these special rates vary based on state and prior driving record. For more details, contact a local agent. Farmers also offers free resources for the classroom, including lesson plans and educational documentaries.
- Liberty Mutual extends extra benefits such as a $0 deductible for damage that occurs on school property or during school-related events. Because it’s insurance, rates are dependent on your state and driving record.
- Teachers are eligible for a variety of discounted rates at the Swan and Dolphin hotels, located securely in the center of Walt Disney World in Orlando. Availability varies based on season and demand. Mention you’re an educator when booking.
- Marriott grants teachers a discount at a slew of hotels across the nation. Whether you book online or in-person, show your school ID at check-in to receive the special rate. Rules on this discount are a bit vague — they mention government employees, which would imply only public school employees — but make sure to clarify before your trip.
- Register for the Teacher Study Pass program through SeaWorld, an exclusive for K-12 teachers in Florida, Texas and Southern California, and get unlimited free admission for the year. Bring a copy of your teaching certificate, a current pay stub and photo ID to the SeaWorld front gate to obtain a new pass or renew an old one.
- Show a valid school ID at most of the National Park Service visitor centers across the nation and receive 15-percent off many purchases. The discount doesn’t apply to park entry fees, camping fees or Smokey the Bear petting zoo fees.
- The Kennedy Space Center in Florida treats its K-12 teachers well. Registered educators are eligible for a free, full-fledged Educator Study Pass. Show a valid teaching certificate and recent pay stub to any ticket agent for an annual pass.
- Florida teachers K-12 can enjoy an entire year of free admission with the Florida Teacher Pass to both Legoland and Legoland Water Park. Bring your most recent paystub, Florida photo ID and teaching certificate to receive your pass.
- The Crayola Experience offers teachers free admission with a valid teacher certification or school identification. To save on additional tickets, visit https://tickets.crayolaexperience.com/ and enter code: FLDOE.
- Tour St. Augustine offers free and/or 50% discounts on a number of tours and attractions through its own “Educator Appreciation & Teacher VIP Program”, with multiple attractions and tour operators it works with. Tour St. Augustine also assists with teacher field trip planning and familiarization visits, including hotel discounts its been able to negotiate for teachers. Contact information to receive more info and current participating discounts is Info@TourStAug.com and www.TourStAug.com.
- At the Red Roof Inn, Florida teachers and administrative staff can save 15 percent off the Best Available Rate at more than 345 Red Roof Inns. To make reservations and to receive your discount, call 1-855-352-7619 and use the Volume Plan Plus® discount code #617281. Walk-ins are welcome, but availability cannot be guaranteed.
- Wyndham Hotels Educators can receive special rates via internet or phone when booking with hotels in the Wyndham Hotel Group, including Days Inn, Ramada, Wyndham, Baymont Inns & Suites, Travelodge and more. Call 1-800-364-6176 or visit the Wyndham site and mention discount code 1000010476.
- Bayfront Westcott House Bed and Breakfast in Saint Augustine. Enjoy a two-night stay, Sunday through Thursday just $343.50 plus tax–also includes chilled champagne on arrival and chocolate-dipped strawberries OR a 15 percent discount off the regular rate for a single-night stay Sunday through Thursday.
- The Apple Store is very nice to teachers of all grade levels, offering varying discounts up to $200 on computers and accessories through the Apple Education Store. This offer also includes librarians, home schoolers, university profs and even elected officers to PTA boards.
- The Bose offer helps you save up to 15% on most music systems and accessories. Call their Sales Solution Team at 1-800-353-4207 and ask for the “Educator’s Program” for pricing, and to place an order.
- If your school is affiliated with Dell you can get special pricing on your purchase of a computer or other products. Call Customer Service before paying to apply the discount.
- Cell phone companies, such as Verizon, AT&T or Sprint offer a variety of discounts by provider. Teachers can save a bundle on a personal cell phone bill, sometimes up to 20 percent a month. Visit your provider’s business or discount portal and input your .edu email address to check if your institution is registered.
- Shop direct from the Adobe Education Store and receive discounts on select software, including bundles and suites. Adobe requires proof of employment as an educator before applying the discount.
- Through Lenovo’s Academic Purchase Program, teachers may receive a discount on their purchase. Select your state and school for a list of deals on tablets, computers and laptops.
- Register for the Sony Education Store and save up to 10 percent on select products. If you’re shopping on behalf of your school, head to the Sony Business Store for more appropriate deals.
- Academic Superstore is an online software outlet that sells a slew of products for up to 85-percent off. Discounts are available year-round with proof of employment as a teacher.
- JourneyEd is yet another site where educators can find huge savings on popular software. After placing your order, confirm your status as a teacher to apply the discount.
- The Barnes & Noble Educator Program provides teachers with 20-percent off the publisher’s list price on purchases for classroom use. This discount is ramped up to 25% during Educator Appreciation Days.
- Sign up for a Half Price Books‘ Educator’s Discount Card and be rewarded with discounts of 10-percent year-round. This discount is truly all-inclusive, available to teachers, homeschoolers, librarians and even teachers who have been laid-off in the last year.
- PBS’s LearningMedia program provides free access to tens of thousands of videos, games, lesson plans and other educational materials for the classroom.
- MagMall offers special pricing on magazine subscriptions. Before placing your order, call or email their customer service with the name of your school and your position to see what kind of discounts are available.
- Even the New York Times offers a special rate for educators. The first four weeks will cost you just $0.99, and every week after will be discounted by 50 percent.
- The special educator’s rate from The Wall Street Journal is mostly targeted to college professors and those with older students. Still, it’s hard to beat the savings of the discounted subscriptions.
- National Geographic offers teachers numerous benefits from the famous publication, including half-price copies of past issues and a $12/year subscription rate.
School/Office Supply Discounts
- The Office Depot Star Teacher Program provides a number of special discounts and rewards to educators. In addition to 10% in rewards points on select purchases, members also have exclusive access to special events and sales throughout the year.
- Office Max offers a MaxPerks Rewards program specifically for teachers. Benefits include $10 in rewards for every $75 spent on qualifying purchases, and $2 in rewards for each ink or toner cartridge recycled. Sign-up online to get your membership card.
- The FedEx Office Academic Edge program gives you 15-percent off nearly all products, including brochures, posters and photos. This discount is available both online and in-store.
- The Staples Teacher Rewards Program garners five-percent back in rewards points and free shipping from Staples.com. The program covers loads of products, from ink and paper to teaching and art supplies.
- The free Teacher Rewards Discount Card at Joann Fabrics entitles educators to 15-percent off all purchases. Home schoolers are also eligible for the card, and new members receive a 20-percent off bonus for signup.
- At Michael’s, receive 15% off your entire purchase every day. To view eligible products and more details, click here.
- Hobby Lobby extends its 10-percent discount to a number of community organizations, including schools. You must pay with an organizational check or credit card.
- The more you spend at Party City, the bigger the discount gets. Save between 10 and 20 percent when you bring a signed letter on official letterhead from an officer of the school. You must also complete the purchase with a check or credit card in the school’s name.
- Discount School Supply is an online marketplace with discounted teacher resources. Certain purchases are eligible for a teacher discount if you call ahead or ask before finishing your order. The site also honors tax exemptions from qualifying organizations.
- A.C. Moore has modified their discount program. Instead of a flat teacher discount, they offer a rewards program where you can earn points with every purchase.
- Inkjet Willy is a popular comparison site that helps you track down the lowest prices on ink and toner, and educators can save an extra 10 percent on orders of compatible or remanufactured cartridges from select resellers using the coupon code WILLY10.
- Izzit.org offers teachers one free educational video per year, no strings attached. The company specializes in videos for older students, but teachers and homeschoolers of grades K-12 can apply.
- Speed Stacks is a game where kids stack 12 cups in various formations as quickly as they can to improve hand-eye coordination and ambidexterity. Teachers are encouraged to request a complimentary set. However, there’s a limit of one per organization.
- Pets in the Classroom is a program offering K-8 teachers grants to help cover the cost of a pet for the classroom. The maximum grant amount is $125, but there are also a number of different grant types to help pay for pet supplies.
- Naked Binder offers discounts to teachers when ordering school supplies, such as binders, pocket folders, tab dividers and labels. Call 877-446-2533 and provide the name of your school.
- Make Great Light sells light filters that totally transform lighting in the classroom. They eliminate the harsh glare and allows kids to focus. Their classroom light filters also create full spectrum light, which has been shown to help increase reading and math test scores and help regulate hormones. Make Great Light offers a 10% discount to teachers and will increase it to 15% if you write a review on social media.
- Do It Wiser Do It Wiser offers unbeatable prices on toner cartridges for laser printers and green office supplies. Enter coupon code “FLDOE” at checkout to receive a 10% discount on all compatible toner cartridges & drum units, for purchases over $50.00.
- LOFT offers the Loft Loves Teachers program. Register to get 15-percent off all full-price, in-store purchases, plus perks like teacher appreciation nights and exclusive sweepstakes.
- The Limited offers 15% off yur entire in-store purchase when you provide a school ID or valid pay stub.
- Show your teacher ID when shopping at Aerosoles to save 15% on footwear priced $39.99 or higher. If you can’t visit a store location, you can also receive the discount by placing your order over the phone.
- New York and Co. offers their Big Apple for the Teacher program. Sign-up online to get 15-percent off in-store purchases and special offers emailed to you throughout the year.
- The next time you’re shopping at J. Crew, whip out that school ID to save 15% on your purchase. This discount is also available at the Factory Stores.
- CJ Banks/Christopher and Banks offers 10-percent off purchases from both retailers. This offer is only valid in-store, and excludes discounts on other special sale events. Just show the cashier your school ID at checkout.
- Madewell offers teachers who show a valid ID at checkout a 15% discount off their purchase. The offer is not available for online orders.
- Eddie Bauer will give you 10% off your purchase with proof of teacher ID.
- Talbots say thank you with the 15% off discount for teachers. It can be used for any full-price, in-store purchases with a valid ID.
- Bring your valid teacher ID to a Banana Republic store and receive 15% off full-price purchases.
- H&M offers 15% off with a teacher ID.
- ATGStores.com offers a 10% sitewide discount to teachers in appreciation for their hard work and commitment to education. Educators just need a valid school email address to sign up on on our registration page. Then they (and any other staff member with a school email address) can receive a coupon code on demand. The personalized discount codes have no expiration date and can be used as many times as desired.
- OrlandoEmployeeDiscounts.com Florida Teachers can save up to 35 percent off all Orlando attractions, including Walt Disney World, vacation pool homes, hotels and resorts close to or on theme park property. Username: FLDOE
- Dibsies Personalization Station All Florida educators can receive 10% off all personalized gifts sitewide when you use the code DIBSIES-10-FLDOE at checkout.
- Glasses USA Get 30 percent off your order along with free shipping when using the promotional code TeacherReward30FS at checkout.
- ProFlowers Florida educators are eligible for 15% off their purchase at ProFlowers when using the code FLDOE15 at checkout.
- Sears Florida Teachers and school staff have the opportunity to purchase products at special discounted pricing through Sears’ Appliance Select Plus program and save 5 percent on gift card purchases and Craftsman tools. Please mention promo code CU089432. Contact the following Appliance Select Consultant in our area: Karry Ferri – North Florida at 904-269-8460 or Karry.Ferri@searshc.com.
- CPR Certification The American Academy of CPR and First Aid is offering a teacher discount for online CPR courses. With promo code SAVEALIFE, rates go down to $12.99 for the class.
- Bounce Around Jax Party Rentals offers 10% off for teachers-current or retired. Serves Duval, Clay and St. Johns Counties. Click here for info. Call 904-642-9999 for the discount code.
- McGee Entertainment & Events, Inc. offers $100 discount to Duval Co. teachers. Wedding DJ services.
- Homes for Heroes helps you save when purchasing a home.
- Dillard’s Aveda Salon Florida teachers and school district employees will receive 10% off any service at Dillard’s Aveda Salons throughout Florida. This offer is valid on services only and may not be combined with any other offer.
- Massage Envy Florida teachers receive $5 off per month when a 12-month membership is purchased. Just show your school ID badge at any Massage Envy location when purchasing a membership.
- Take 10% off your online order or in-store purchase from West Elm, and enjoy modern, sophisticated furniture and home decor for less. Sign up for the “study circle” here, using your .edu address.
Educator discount programs change periodically, so please call ahead to verify these deals still apply. Have additional local teacher deals? Contact us here. To receive daily updates about FREE and cheap activities, subscribe to our newsletter. Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook as well.